Saturday, January 22, 2011

2011 Spring Dinnerware Violets & Daffodils

This week brings Spring Dinnerware to Viki's Valuable Finds.
I am ready for Spring 2011 to arrive!! I am not a big fan of winter. I live in South Texas and am a firm believer that "winter" might possibly have one or two days where the temperature gets to the freezing mark. After that, it is time for Spring.
Growing up in Northwest Tennessee the first flowers that I remember each spring were: johnny-jump-ups (violets) and daffodils. We lived "out from town" where there were lots of empty spaces. I loved seeing the daffodils pop up in bloom in the middle of a field or under a tree where they must have been planted long ago. Johnny-jump-ups were always such a delightful surprise since they were usually tucked away under a tree or on a mossy creek bank. When we saw the daffodils and violets we knew Spring really was going to come. There would still be a cold, sharp breeze but the sun was shining and Spring was coming.
I have decided that this winter has been long enough, especially for those who don't get out when the temperature is below 40 or above 80. Across many parts of America & the rest of the world 2011 has been an unusually cold, wet and "not so wonderful" winter. Join me in getting ready for Spring.

This week you will notice the addition of several items that are spring dinnerware:
violet luncheon plates & cups
violet mug
violet salad plates
Daffodil salad plates

These should all be listed in the Grandma's Goodies category of Viki's Valuable Finds @ http://www.vikisvaluablefinds.com/.
Enjoy!
Viki

No comments:

Post a Comment